IEC Call of Duty 4 Winter Tournament 2017 INFORMATION
All matches are played in a 5v5 format.
Each match will consist of 3 maps. And the winner will be decided on best of three matches. In any case, where the Best of three results in draw, MR3 will be played to decide the Match winner.
No new Players are allowed to join teams once the tournament commences.
Bomb Timer is set at FORTY-FIVE seconds.
Bomb Planting time is FIVE seconds.
Bomb Defusal Time is SEVEN seconds.
There is a limit of ONE sniper rifle, ONE shotgun and TWO Spec-Ops per team.
Default EU-PLM220 PROMOD LIVE will be used for all matches.
Dead rounds/Timeout: A dead round allows a team to bring an extra player if the need arises (situations such as lag-outs, disconnections, etc). A player can call a timeout which can be accessed via Promod Commands section of voice chat (Default B key). When a timeout is called by a player, the next round will revert to Ready Up mode.
The round in which the dead round was called will be played out as normal. Timeouts have a maximum duration of FOUR minutes or when all players are ready. Abusing the dead round/timeout system for causes other than the aforementioned will result in a reprimand at the discretion of a ladder administrator.
Match Rules - Teams must play using a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 5. If at any point a team drops below this minimum number of players, the opposing team may claim a forfeit win after 5 minutes has passed in the next earliest ready-up period (note: this excludes team timeout periods). If you continue to play the match then you CANNOT dispute for this after the game.
- A team may substitute a player at any time during the match as long as the player is listed on the team's roster [registered with GUID]. If the player is not on the roster, the team must obtain permission from the opposing team.
- If all players ready up, this indicates that they accept the server settings, they accept all of the opposing players and CANNOT dispute for players missing from a roster or having an incorrect or missing PB GUID. It is down to each team to check the opposing team's roster before the match begins and players PB GUIDs using the in-game command /pb_plist.
- Server admins may not kick any player from the server without the permission of at least one player from the opposing team.
- Each team is allowed one timeout per side (Attack / Defence). Teams may, therefore, use a maximum of 4 timeouts.
- Once a match has been closed/completed by admins, it cannot be reopened. You must ensure that you oppose the results with an admin. - A demo has to be recorded by each player for all the maps and FRAPS have to be used with an elapsed time of 3 seconds. A player has to keep the demo and the FRAPS files for a period of 48 hours after the match has been played. Players must display their FPS counter.
Time Allowance - Should a team not ready up within 5 minutes during a side switch or within 10 minutes during a map change, the opposing team may leave immediately and claim a forfeit win.
- Teams have 5 minutes after each knife round has finished to ready up, otherwise, the opposing team may leave immediately and claim a forfeit win.
- If you continue to play the match following a breach of either of these rules then you CANNOT dispute after the game.
No Shows and Ready-Up
Once a match is accepted, it must be played. If a team fails to show or ready up within 15 minutes of the match accept time listed on the match page or cannot play, the opposing team may claim a forfeit win. Screenshots as proof must be provided, clearly showing the time.
For example: Match decided By both teams at 6:30 pm 2/12/2017 - if the opponents are not on the server by 1:45 pm you may claim a forfeit win. Note teams must have a minimum of 4 players on and be ready up.
If teams agree to play the match at a later date and schedule in advance, please inform this to the admins.
Illegal Scripts & Binds Scripts & config tweaking that affects gameplay including but not limited to nade scripts, wait commands, macros and so forth, including configs that change commands/rates are disallowed. These commands range from set nade binds to gain the longest throw to scripting a superior firing rate of semi-automatic weapons. This also includes multi-command binds such as bind KEY "toggleads; +attack" on the scroll wheel. Players caught using illegal scripts and binds including nade scripts and weapon next binds will receive an instant 3 match ban [3 ladder matches not maps] ban and the match will be forfeited. Further offenses may result in a longer ban.
Illegal Files ALL matches are to be played with the generic Call of Duty 4 files and the Promod files. Players found with any tweaked files, or non-generic files (e.g. skins, audio, etc.) will receive appropriate bans which will be determined by Admins.
Third Party Programmes Using any third party software (e.g. nVidia Control Panel or RivaTuner) to tweak graphics settings to give an advantage are NOT allowed. The most common example of this is ambient occlusion.
Bugs and Glitches
- It is NOT permitted for any user to take advantage of map bugs (for example elevators, outside the boundaries of the map, under the map and so forth) or glitches during a match.
- Glitching is defined as moving or seeing through or over a physical object and is NOT permitted.
- Grenade jumps and anything similar is NOT permitted.
- The use of silent drops is permitted but only in the case of known silent drops.
- Players are only allowed to bounce to places which can be reached without the use of a bounce. Bouncing to roofs and balconies which are unreachable in a normal way is prohibited.
- Straightforward jumps and those that do not involve any part of the in-game character moving through a physical object, are allowed.
- Boosting is only allowed to boost players to spots where a player can get by themselves.
- Boosting by shooting own players is not allowed. For every round this occurs, the round will be defaulted to the opposing team. If this occurs more than 3 times during the match it will be defaulted to the opposing team.
- Players who are caught using bugs or glitches immediately forfeit the round. If this occurs on more than 2 occasions then the map will be forfeited. If a player is caught persistently using bugs or glitches after being warned will receive an instant ban [Complete Ban].
Written Binds if objected by the other team will not be allowed.
Cheating Any player caught cheating by demo or FRAPS will be banned from the complete tournament. We will determine the ban length as seen fit. Bans of this nature are usually given a length of the current tournament to all future tournaments.
Any allegation of cheating is to be supported by a dispute, demo, and timestamps.
The first offense by any player will result in Player ban and not Team ban. 2nd offense by any other player of the same team will result in team ban for the complete tournament.
Abuse and Racism
A warning or ban will be given to any player found to be abusing another team/player. Racism is strictly forbidden and will result in an instant match ban.
- 1st offense: 1 match
- 2nd offense: Next 2 Matches
- 3rd offense and beyond: Complete Ban
Abuse against an admin in-game, dispute chat or private message will not be tolerated and may result in an instant ban.
Disputes, Demos, and Screenshots Teams who wish to dispute a match for a breach of any of the above rules may do so by opening a thread in the Dispute section of the forum.
- All matches played need to be recorded and demos should be kept until 48 hours after the date listed on the match details. Should a dispute be opened, demos should be kept until 48 hours after the dispute is solved. Failing to follow these rules will lead to a direct forfeit loss for the team.
- Opponents have the right to request three (3) demos from their opponents if they suspect foul play. If a demo is missing more than 3 rounds then a default win will be awarded to the opposing team. For each round that is missing, the round will be forfeited.
- Teams/players must request a demo by writing the IGN of the required player(s) in the dispute thread, not in-game. You can note down the GUID by using /pb_power or /pb_plist of that particular player.
Failure to comply with demo requests will result in the following:
- 1st offense: match forfeit and a warning issued
- 2nd offense: Tournament Ban
The following rules apply to disputes:
- Players have 48 hours to upload their demo from the request date. Failure to upload the demo within the time will result in the match being forfeited. All demos must be uploaded to the major sharing site such as Mediafire and link should be provided to the Admins.
- Once the requested demo(s) have been uploaded, teams/players will have a further 24 hours to provide timestamps.
Timestamps [Have to be provided by Objecting Team when opening a dispute thread] - 1. A short report listing the demos you wish to review
- 2. Screenshots of the results of both maps
- 3. List of players that played from each team (/pb_plist)
- 4. Timestamps that have minimal information such as "WH, aimbot" and so forth will be dismissed. Timestamps must have a full explanation with good reasoning as well as the round and time the event occurred. You must provide at least 5 timestamps - any less and your dispute will be dismissed.
Timestamps must be in the following format:
2-2 @ 1:30 - traces through the wall for 3 seconds
2-3 @ 0:43 - possible aim assist - his aim isn't on the player but still lands the kill
If any of the above are missing from a dispute, it will be disregarded and the score shall remain. The admins' decision is FINAL.
Shoutcasting and Spectating - Any other person seeking to spectate a match must obtain permission from the opposing team.
- IEC reserves the right to spectate matches at random. Failure to allow an admin to spectate a match may result in the match being canceled. You can identify admins by cross-referencing COD4 GUIDs from the admin list, which will be listed below.
- Impersonating either an admin or another player is an offense. Any evidence of this can lead to a ban which will be determined by IEC. IEC reserves the right to modify this ruleset at any time without notice.